Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Paper Towns - Hour Thirteen


Every couple minutes, Radar says, “Do you guys remember that time when we were all definitely going
to die and then Ben grabbed the steering wheel and dodged a ginormous freaking cow and spun the
car like the teacups at Disney World and we didn’t die?”
Lacey leans across the kitchen, her hand on Ben’s knee, and says, “I mean, you are a hero, do you
realize that? They give out medals for this stuff.”
“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I wasn’t thinking about none of y’all. I. Wanted. To. Save.
My. Ass.”
“You liar. You heroic, adorable liar,” she says, and then plants a kiss on his cheek.
Radar says, “Hey guys, do you remember that time I was double-seat-belted in the wayback and the
door flew open and the beer fell out but I survived completely uninjured? How is that even possible?”
“Let’s play metaphysical I Spy,” Lacey says. “I Spy with my little eye a hero’s heart, a heart that
beats not for itself but for all humanity.”
“I’M NOT BEING MODEST. I JUST DIDN’T WANT TO DIE,” Ben exclaims.
“Do you guys remember that one time, in the minivan, twenty minutes ago, that we somehow didn’t
die?”

0 comments:

Post a Comment